Monday 5 May 2008

Planning for Victory


I am now planning my attack on the local Summer Show in a nearby village. I entered for the first time last year, taking part in quite a few cookery and craft classes and did surprisingly well. I am now defending my reputation, so the whole thing has become more serious. Baking classes for this year include fruit cake, victoria sandwich, lemon drizzle cake, scones, sweet muffins, chocolate brownies, a gingerbread house and truffles. There are also jam, jelly and chutney classes. Luckily this year the show is in the school holidays which gives me a chance to really concentrate on the cookery bits last minute.

As far as the craft goes I am already working on a few projects - I have made a crocheted throw already and am finishing off a crocheted jacket. I will also be making a few soft toys and possibly, if I have time, some crewel work. The photo is of some toys I have made from a new book - the one for the show is much more intricate - I will post a picture when I have finished it.

No comments: