Thursday 22 May 2008

Better Late than no Madelaines at all




I was late making my TWD challenge this week and late posting this afterwards. It has been one of those weeks that slip by in a whirl. Every time I thought about Madelaines I couldn't find the tin, or had no lemons or was too tired and so I left and left it. I finally made them last night when Father in Law came round for supper. FIL is rather partial to a little cake so it seemed a good time. He ate most of them and took the others home to eat today.


As recipes go it is a fairly straightforward one. I like the idea of rubbing the lemon rind together with the sugar but I would have been more interested to try some of the variations in the book. The Earl Grey one sounded good. I am looking forward to the Peacan Sticky Buns this week and also getting to grips with my first Daring Bakers challenge over the holiday which starts tomorrow.


4 comments:

Rebecca of "Ezra Pound Cake" said...

Since I joined TWD, it seems like every other day is Tuesday. They come so fast!

I'm doing my first Daring Bakers challenge this weekend, too. Good luck!!!

Rebecca
http://www.ezrapoundcake.com

LyB said...

Your madeleines certainly look delicious! Well done!

Jayne said...

Lucky Father in Law! Those look lovely!

Jacque said...

Those do look yummy! Good job getting them done.