Wednesday 9 April 2008

The First Post

Its amazing how many people there are out there with a serious interest in food and cookery. As a teacher I have begun to use blogs as a source of recipes to use at school and find myself wandering through post after post, reading about people who, although geographically far away, have familiar experiences and stories to tell. I have started this Blog as I am joining Tuesday with Dorrie - my first recipe will be posted next Tuesday.

Life this week - I am currently on holiday - hurrah, but back to school on Friday - boo! So, Monday - lunch with small son and shopping for another inexplicable computer game involving wrestling. My previously obliging 12 year old has begun to morph into a teenager - getting up at lunchtime and wearing his dressing gown for most of the day. The only miraculous thing is that he has finally, after years of gentle prodding, started to read for fun. 5 books this holiday so far!

Tuesday - IKEA - needed to go for school and as usual found plently of things I didn't know I needed.

Wednesday - garden and sewing. My family tut sadly at me as I sew happily away but it keeps me off the streets. Walked the dog and lost him temporarily - found him again covered in mud and burrs - now the crops are getting higher in the fields he manages to completely disappear. Work tomorrow - time to go and clean the kitchen ready for the new term

No comments: